|'conf_vmware? has stopped working'
This error happens when the probe prerequisitie(s) for .NET have not been fulfilled. Check the Release Notes for the probe.
vmware probe requirements:
This error occurs when NET Framework version 3.5 (you may have another version but for the probe 3.5 is required) is NOT installed in the system.
- Software: Java version 1.6.x.
- VMware VirtualCenter 4.1 update 1 or newer, 5.0 ,5.1&5.5br>VMware ESX/ESXi 4.1 update 1 or newer, 5.0,5.1&5.5
- Nimsoft Monitor Server 5.1.1or later
- ***Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 on the hardware running the Infrastructure Manager and where the probe is located.
If you are running Windows 2008 it comes predownloaded but may need to be ENABLED.
Please make sure NET FRAMEWORK 3.50 is installed and ENABLED on the Infrastructure Manager machine as well as the Robot where the probe sits.
IF .NET is already installed and enabled, please do the following to resolve the issue.
1. RDP to the robot where the vmware probe is installed
2. Backup the vmware folder. Save your vmware.cfg.
3. In Infrastructure Manager, right click on the vmware probe and delete the probe.
4. On the robot delete the /vmware folder and any conf_vmware* files on the system, usually under a utils directory for the user.
5. Re-deploy the vmware probe
6. Deactivate it then restore the saved vmware.cfg into the recreated vmware folder
7. Activate the probe
If the above doesn't work, please try launching the vmware probe configuration from another desktop/machine to see if it works from there.
Also provide the Windows Event log error and vmware.log file at loglevel 5 logsize 10000 to Support for further investigation.
keywords: vmware probe failing popup error conf_vmware stopped working crash crashed app application stop stopped