VISION:Report Release 16.1 introduces six new Sort Specification Options. The options and their meanings follow:
- PG specifies the name of the sort program to use.
- PR will sort message print options NONE, ALL, or CRITICAL (This will override OPTION SORTPRT=YES/NO.)
- RT is SORT message routing LOG, LST, BOTH (This overrides OPTION SORTRTE=.)
- ST is the storage value specified in bytes
- WF is the number of workfiles
- WN is the name of the work files (This must be 4 bytes long and requires the VISION:Report OPTION SRTWKN=YES.)
The new SORT statement specifications options are in the format XXVVVVVVVV
where XX is an option and VVVVVVVV is a 1-8 byte value for the option.
For the ST value, the VVVVVVVV value must be numeric.
Examples of the coding for the new SORT statement specifications follow:
SORT FILE INF PGCASORT ON INF21-30
SORT FILE INF PRALL ON INF21-30 INF1-10
SORT FILE INF RTLST ON INF21-30 INF1-10
SORT FILE INF ST123456 ON INF21-30 INF1-10
SORT FILE INF WF4 ON INF21-30 INF1-10
SORT FILE INF WNCUBS ON INF21-30 INF1-10
Let's take a look at an actual SORT program using the new WF sort specification option:
The default QJOPTION assembly shows that the number of sort work files is set to one.
The OPTION statement in the program below sets the number of sort files to '2' and is used in the first SORT statement for the INF file, then the WF workfile sort specifications in the last two SORT statements are used for the DET and INA files respectively.