Error Message :
Adding a variable to an instance of an object remains if the variable is modified within the "Properties" window and then the variable is deleted.
To replicate this behavior:
- Add a variable on the Variables & Prompts tab of a workflow and give it a default value, then save and close the workflow.
- Add the workflow as a task of a master workflow.
- Open the tasks properties of the sub-workflow and modify the value for the variable (from step#1) on the Variables & Prompts, and save and close the master workflow.
- Open the sub workflow object again., delete the variable (which was added in step #1) from the Variables & Prompts tab, then save and close.
- Open the master workflow again, look at the task properties of the sub-workflow and view its Variables & Prompts. The variable is still present even though it had been deleted from the sub-workflow's object definition.
OS Version: N/a
Root Cause: There is no connection between the instance of an object and the core definition.
This behavior is as designed.
Use a PRPT instead of directly adding to variables within the object itself. These will be removed properly on deletion.
Fix Status: No Fix