VAIM Installations halts with the following message: "Error! Insufficient or undefined disk space detected." [CAAM7543]
This commonly occurs when the SQL Server hosting the database is remote (a different host) then the manager, and this remote sqlserver has SAN storage making the disk space values being returned to the installer inconsistent from the expected results.
- The following undocumented environment variable can be used to bypass this available disk space check:
- Open System Command prompt.
- From same session, run: set CA_ALLOW_INSUFFICIENT_DISKSPACE=yes
- From same session, run: Installers\Windows\install.exe
- You will still be prompted with a warning dialogue box but you will now have the option to select "Ok" to continue with the installation.
- Before implementing this environment variable verify there is enough free disk space to complete the installation as indicated in the error dialogue box.
- If there is not equal to or greater than the required free disk space the installation will fail!!