When using the New XML Driver, changes made to a project in MSP will only save back to PPM, if the mpp file of that project is located on the default Save directory set in MSP. If the project is located on any other directory, the changes made to the project will not save back to PPM. However, the user will receive a 'Save Successful' popup in MSP either way.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. In MSP, check what the default Save directory is set to. (File > Options > Save > Default File Location)(Example: C:\Users\user01\Documents)
2. Create a project in Clarity, Project Y
3. Export the project to MSP
4. Save a local copy of the project, leaving the file name the same, to a directory different than the one found on Step1 (Example: C:\MSPFiles)
5. Close MSP
6. Open the local copy saved under the directory on Step 4
7. Add a task to the project in MSP
8. Go to the CA Clarity Integration tab, Click on Save, Enter Clarity credentials in the Login Screen
9. Select 'Yes' on the 'Project is not currently locked. Do you wish to force a save anyway?' prompt
10. A 'Save Successful' window pops up, click OK
11. Go to the Tasks tab on this project in Clarity
Expected Result: The changes made to the project offline are now reflected in the Clarity UI. The task added in Step7 to be listed on the Task tab in Clarity.
Actual Result: The changes made to the project offline are NOT saved back to Clarity.
Applies to all supported PAS environments for specified releases.
Caused by CLRT-78423
This is currently under review by our Sustaining Engineering team.
Save the local copy of the project under the default Save directory set in MSP. Offline changes will then be saved back to CA Clarity PPM.