Client discovered that in Google Chrome, print preview and print does not work. The Release Notes indicate that Chrome is a supported browser.
This impacts users from printing Project Gantt Charts, Timesheet Details Printable Version page and any other page within the application the user wants to print.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Installed a current version of Google Chrome
- Launched the CA PPM application
- Logged into the application
- From any page, click on the 'Customize and control Google Chrome' icon in upper right corner of navigation bar
- Click on 'Print' - Print Preview window opens with the message "Print preview Failed".
- Print using system dialog (Ctrl + Shift + P) - a popup message appears
- "Print Failed. Something went wrong trying to print. Please check your printer and try again."
- Navigate to another public site and try to print and it prints successfully
- We tried the steps using an incognito window and still it does not work
- Disable the Print Preview option and try to print ; still it does not work
- Steps to disable the Chrome Print Preview:
- On the shortcut Target change to : C:\Users\User Name\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe --disable-print-preview
- If you have Chrome pinned to the task bar or start menu, remove it, then right-click on your newly modified shortcut to re-pin it.
- If you use any other version of windows it should be identical, except for pinning to the task bar or start menu.
Expected Result: Print Preview and Print using system dialog should work successfully.
Actual Result: Error Message "Print Preview Failed" or "Print Failed"
Only for Google Chrome Browser. Other browsers work as expected
Caused by CLRT-78974
Reproducible on Chrome Build: 43.0.2357.65
Not Reproducible on Chrome Build: 48.0.2564.109
Tested, verified and closed as 'cannot reproduce' within CA PPM 14.4 and the latest Chrome Build.
There is no workaround in Chrome. Use another Browser or use external tool to convert the page into a PDF file and then print from PDF.
NOTE: If the CA PPM user is attempting to print a Timesheet from FireFox or IE when the 'My Timesheets' portlet is configured as a popup, this action may not work as expected due to a known issue.
Reference TEC1512713 : Timesheet Printable Version is not working on IE and FF