Model Object Lists in 2E offer powerful facilities to manage development activity. The following example shows how to use Model Object Lists to monitor work on functions within a 2E model.
The example illustrates how to use 2E Model Object Lists (model lists) to find all functions created or changed after a particular date.
- Use YBLDMDLLST to build a model list ALLFUNS of all functions in the model
YBLDMDLLST OBJNAM((*ANY *ALL *FUN)) MDLLST(ALLFUNS
- Use YFLTMDLLST to filter the ALLFUNS model list to find functions created after your required date and output to a new model list CRTFUNS
YFLTMDLLST MDLLST(ALLFUNS) OUTLST(CRTFUNS) LSTDATE(*CRT *GT 'date')
NB The date needs to be in your system date format, see system value QDATFMT
- Use YFLTMDLLST to filter the ALLFUNS model list to find functions changed after your required date and output to a new model object list CHGFUNS
YFLTMDLLST MDLLST(ALLFUNS) OUTLST(CHGFUNS) LSTDATE(*CHG *GT 'date')
- Use YOPRMDLLST to find the union of the CRTFUNS and CHGFUNS model lists and output to a new model list UPDFUNS
YOPRMDLLST MDLLSTA(CRTFUNS) LSTOPR(*UNION) MDLLSTB(CHGFUNS) TOMDLLST(UPDFUNS)
- Use YDOCMDLLST to print a report with details of the user who created or changed the function using VIEW(*CHANGE)
YDOCMDLLST MDLLST(UPDFUNS) DETAIL(*FULL) VIEW(*CHANGE)
- Use YEDTMDLLST to work with the functions in the list
Other Model Object Lists commands not illustrated in the above example:
YCHKMDLLST Checks a model list and removes unwanted entries
YCLRMDLLST Clears the entries from a model list
YCPYMDLLST Copies a model list
YCVTMDLLST Converts a model list into a job list for processing by YSBMMDLCRT
YDLTMDLLST Deletes a model list
YDSPMDLLST Displays a model list
YEDTCPYLST Edits a model list for use with YCPYMDLOBJ to copy objects to another model
YEXCMDLLST Executes a model list so that an action is taken for each entry in a model list. Substitution variables are used to supply values from the list entry.
YINXMDLLST Creates an empty model list
YWRKMDLLST Provides a 'Work With' panel displaying all model lists. Options give access to standard facilities such as edit, delete, copy and display.
Three more command work on model list entries:
YADDMDLLE Adds an entry to a model list.
YCHGMDLLE Changes an entry on a model list.
YDLTMDLLE Deletes an entry from a model list.
Please see the online help text for each command or the 2E Command Reference Guide for more details.