The description for the 'Resource - Soft Book - All' access rights in PPM says that it 'Allows users to Soft book all resources to an investment that the user has been grated view management rights'. However, the user actually needs the 'Project – Edit Management' access right in order to soft book a resource to any project.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create a user with the following access rights in PPM:
2. Log in to PPM as the user and open any project.
- Projects - Navigate
- Project - View Management - All
- Resource - Soft Book - All (Next to the access right name, you will see that the Description for this right says 'Allows user to Soft book all resources to an investment that the user has been granted view management rights.'
3. Go to the Team tab and try to add any resource to the team to soft book the resource
Expected Results: "Add" button should be available to add any resource to the team to soft book the resource.
Actual Results: "Add" button is not available and no resources can be added to the Team.
This is caused by DE40567.
This issue is tentatively planned to be fixed in CA PPM 15.5.
The description of the access right for 'Resource - Soft Book - All' is incorrect in PPM. It should read 'Allows user to Soft book all resources to an investment that the user has been granted project edit management rights or investment edit rights. The right also allows the user to edit or remove any soft-booking for the specified resource'.
Note: The description for this right is only incorrect at the Global level. It is correct for Instance and OBS Unit level 'Resource - Soft Book' access rights.
Reference Resource Management Access Rights for more details on resource access rights in PPM. In the documentation, the description of the Resource Soft Book rights is correct.