The following is noted in the "AutoDiscovery Control Subview" section of the Spectrum documentation:
Note: If you have 50 or more connections to a single Fanout model, consider changing this model to a Shared Media Link. The Shared Media Links must be modeled manually. These models can provide more control over fault management behavior when multiple connections are monitored. Unlike a Fanout model, Shared Media Links provide configurable thresholds for handling downstream connections that report problems. For example, a Fanout model reports a problem only when all downstream connections are down. However, a Shared Media Link can report the problem sooner, as when 60 percent of the downstream connections are down.
The above note also applies to the Unplaced and WA_Liink/Segment models.
To replace the Fanout, Unplaced or WA_Link/Segment model with a ShareMediaLink model:
1. Note the interface models of the device models connected to the existing Fanout, Unplaced or WA_Link/Segment model. This can be done by clicking on the link between the Fanout, Unplaced or WA_Link/Segment model and the device model and noting the interface in the Link Information view
2. Create the new SharedMediaLink model
3. Right mouse click on the link between the Fanout, Unplaced or WA_Link/Segment model and the device model select Delete from the menu
4. Right mouse click on the SharedMediaLink model and select Start Connection from the menu
5. Select the device model where you deleted the link between it and the Fanout, Unplaced or WA_Link/Segment model in step 3
6. Click on the Interfaces tab in the Component Detail panel
7. Find the interface noted in step 1 above and select. Right mouse click on the interface and select Connect With from the menu