Patch Manger is installed on ITCM Enterprise Manager which is linked with one / more Domain Managers.
A full security rollup which is in approved state in Patch Manager is edited within Patch Management.
A Patch Management Policy is created to automate the deployment of this edited patch.
Once the policy is evaluated and distributed from Enterprise Manager across Domain Managers, policy violations are not shown in respective Domain Managers and therefore the patch is not distributed.
When a patch is edited it creates a new signature for this patch. As the patch is a CA Rollup this signature is not distributed to the Domain Manager from the Enterprise Manager (Each Domain is responsible to download its own content from the CA Content Download Server).
As a result the UPM Groups and Policies that are populated onto the Domain Manager for this patch cannot evaluate as the SQL query fails due to the missing signature.
CA designed the content utility to allow the export of content from one Manager and import to another. This is used when firewalls prevent a Manager from accessing the Content Download Server and when content is needed to be replicated from the Enterprise Manager to a Domain Manager.
Follow the below steps to run the content utility after edited rollup patch moves to "Testing State".
After the agent next runs a software inventory it will then display as a violator
The Content Utility can be automated by scheduling it to be run as an Asset Job
- Open ITCM Explorer and go to Jobs -> Asset jobs -> New job.
- Select the job type as External utility.
- Provide the job name and the description.
- Select the contentutility executable using the browse button. This file can be found at <dsm_home>/bin/contentutility.exe
- Select <dsm-home>/bin as the working directory and click on Next.
- Schedule the job as per the requirements. Be Sure to Select the "This job is allowed to run unattended" box on the Miscellaneous tab.
- Link this Asset Job to the Domain Manager
- When the agent runs on the domain manager next time, this job will be executed.
- Make sure to verify the asset job status to see for the success message.