When sending the "UPM - CA UPM Manual Download Function" package to a DOMAIN ITCM under Windows 2008, SD job is set as successfully executed but nothing is created in IIS.
The directory 'C:\Program Files (x86)\CA\UPM\UPMdownloads' is not created too.
SD Job output contains this:
(4/29/2013 4:39:54 AM): Creating UPM Folder now...
(4/29/2013 4:39:54 AM): This is the path where logfile is created: C:\Windows\VBSLOG.txt
(4/29/2013 4:39:54 AM): Found UPM HOME @ : C:\Program Files (x86)\CA\UPM
(4/29/2013 4:39:55 AM): Registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\ComputerAssociates\Unicenter Patch Management\Virtual Directory does not exist
(4/29/2013 4:39:55 AM): Folder C:\Program Files (x86)\CA\UPM\UPMdownloads does not exist...
(4/29/2013 4:39:55 AM): The patch installed successfully...
These 3 Web Server (IIS) roles must be installed before sending the "UPM - CA UPM Manual Download Function" package :
* IIS 6 Metabase compatibility
* IIS 6 WMI compatibility
* IIS 6 Scripting Tools.
- Go under Administrative Tools - Server Manager
- In Server Manager Expand Roles and click on Web Server (IIS)
- Click on Add Roles Services and select these 3 roles which are under Management Tools / IIS 6 Management Compatibility:
- IIS 6 Metabase compatibility
- IIS 6 WMI compatibility
- IIS 6 Scripting Tools.
- Click Next and Install
- Then send again the SD package "UPM - CA UPM Manual Download Function".*
Virutal Directory "manual_download" is created in IIS and directory C:\Program Files (x86)\CA\UPM\UPMdownloads is created.
*NOTE: In newer versions of the product the download will be called "CA Patch Manager Manual Download Function"