Upgrading to Java 1.8 Update 202 OneClick errors with HTTP 403
Document ID :
Last Modified Date :
Show Technical Document Details
After upgrading/installing Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 1.8 Update 202 the OneClick console does not start.
It errors out with:
java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 403 for URL: http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/spectrum/oneclick.jnlp
Broadcom has not determined the exact cause of this issue
Workaround for the problem seen can be done in two ways.
1. Go into Java Control Panel
2. Click the "Settings" button under Temporary Internet Files
3. Uncheck "Keep temporary files on my computer"
4. Click Ok, and then ok again.
Console should now launch successfully.
1. Create a new directory on %SYSTEMDRIVE% (I.e. C:\java_cache)
2. Navigate to %SYSTEMDRIVE%/Users/%USERID%/AppData/LocalLow/Sun/Java/Deployment
3. Open the depoloyment.properties file in a text editor.
4. Add this line:
5. Save the file and exit.
6. Attempt to start the console
Console should launch.
Either option will work fine. The second option prevents downloading the Java Application each time it is launched because it will be stored locally.
Was this information helpful?