During or after upgrading CAPM from 3.5 to 3.6 DR not starting by the command /dr_install.sh -p drinstall.properties
It's redirecting to the Old IP instead of New one.
YYY.YYY.YYY.YYY – New IP
XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX – Old IP
- Now the problem is that not even able to start the VerticaDB:
*** Starting database: DRDatabase ***
Could not login with SSH to host XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
The cluster is partitioned with XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX down. Over half (1/1) of the nodes must be available.
Database start up failed. Cluster partitioned.
Press RETURN to continue
Database DRDatabase did not start successfully: Cluster partitioned.
1) Manually changing the ip address in admintools.conf and spread.conf same with the IP address in database catalog(the wrong IP address.
2) Prepare the re_ip configuration file named reip in folder /tmp:
3) Mapping the new IP(correct IP) with admintools
admintools -t re_ip -f reip
4) Start the Vertica DB with admintools.
The database startup successfully, after checking the version, the Vertica DB working on 9.0.1 normally. Verify to restart the Vertica DB for verification.