You can now upgrade to BrightStor Storage Resource Manager r11.5 when you have defined multiple TSM servers in the BrightStor SRM database.
Typically, if you register multiple TSM servers in your BrightStor Storage Resource Manager database and you upgrade your installation, the installation fails during the database upgrade stage and generates the message "Unable to execute the Database Create/Update installation program."
To avoid this problem, perform the following procedure before you upgrade your installation:
- Contact CA Customer Support to obtain a copy of the FLR32.DLL created for testfix T11B321.
- Copy the entire BrightStor SRM r11.5 CD-ROM to the hard disk of your Application Server machine.
- Replace the CD version of the FLR32.DLL in the following directory with the copy of the FLR32.DLL obtained from CA Customer Support:
- Replace the CD version of the FLR32.DLL in the Application Server software directory (typically C:\Program Files\CA\BrightStor SRM\Bin) with the FLR32.DLL obtained from CA Customer Support.
Note : We strongly recommend that you run a full backup of the entire BrightStor SRM Data tree BEFORE you start the upgrade process.
- Launch the typical upgrade procedure, using the disk copy of the CD-ROM you created and modified in the previous steps.