Upgrade from UIM 8.1 to UIM 8.4 is stuck at 35% "Configuring Data Engine Probe ... "
I'm upgrading UIM 8.1 to 8.4 and install get stuck while trying to configure the data_engine probe:.
The uimserver_ia_install.log reports the below Exception:
DEBUG probe.AdeController:distributePackageSynchronous:114 [Thread-43] - Sending getPackageDistributionStatus.
DEBUG pds.PDSController:sendPDSWithAddr:132 [Thread-43] - Sending 'get_status' with sid: EM..., timeout: 120000
ERROR impl.UIMServerConfigureController:run:456 [Thread-43] - NimException caught
(80) Session error, Unable to open a client session for xx.xx.xx.xx:xxxx Connection refused: connect at com.nimsoft.nimbus.NimNamedClientSession.<init>(NimNamedClientSession.java:37)
(this error continues in loop)
CA UIM 8.1 upgrade to CA UIM 8.4
Windows 2008 r2
MS SQL DB 2008 r2
The errors in the log point to an issue with the automated_deployment_engine which is giving an error in a loop in the install log.
To resolve this issue follow these steps:
First cancel the current upgrade attempt.
1. Make sure that the Nimsoft Service is ON in the Primary Hub
2. Deactivate automated_deployment_engine.
3. Go into /Nimsoft/probes/service/automated_deployment_engine/
4. Backup this folder to your desktop before continuing!
5. Delete the database files (automated_deployment_engine.h2, automated_deployment_engine.lock)
6. Delete all files IN ade_package_temp AND ade_xml_temp folders.
7. Activate ADE.
Now re-run the install and the install will complete successfully
Upgrading & Release Notes