The historic upgrade path (for product compatibilities) is CA DRAS first, then CA View, then CA Deliver. However, as CA DRAS comes packaged with CA View (starting with release 11.7), those two can be done at the same time.
You can upgrade the libraries for CA View from 11.6 to 12.2. The 12.2 software can read, write and print reports located in an 11.6 database. You can do this one system at a time. Do not run the VERSION job to change the database to 12.1 until the libraries on all the systems are upgraded. CA Deliver 11.6 will not have any problems since the CA View database will still be at the 11.6 release. When you are satisfied that the 12.2 software is performing as expected for the basic functions, then version the databases by running the SARDBASE Version job.
The only drawback to upgrading from 11.6 to 12.2 is that there is not a published fallback path. Because of this, many sites upgrade to CA Vieww 12.1. When this upgrade is complete, they then upgraded from 12.1 to 12.2.
Note: the PTF RO28310 is required so the 12.1 tapes can be read by CA View 11.6.
Follow these steps for a fall-back path from 12.1 to 11.6 ( if needed).
Note: If your CA View database is currently versioned to release level Release 11.6 or earlier, skip
steps 1 and 2.
1. Use the CA View Release 12.1 SARDBASE utility to set the version of your CA View database back to a CA View Release 11.6 database. The format of the VERSION control statement is: VERSION 11.6
2. Use the CA View Release 11.6 SARDBASE utility to OLOAD the Release 11.6 online panel library into your database.
3. Use the CA View Release 11.6 SARDBASE utility to BLOAD the Release 11.6 banner page library to your database.
4. If you modified any of the CA View user exits, revert to your Release 11.6 versions of the exits.
5. Change your JCL, Procs, and started task JCL to point to the Release 11.6 libraries.
6. If the Release 12.1 load library was link listed, revert to the Release 11.6 link listed library.
7. Perform an LLA refresh.
8. Ensure that PTF RO28310 is applied to Release 11.6; this ensures that Release 11.7, Version 12.0, and Release 12.1 tapes can be read by Release 11.6.