I am trying to update the Java version on our installation of DevTest 10.3. When I do, none of the tasks start. There is no information that I can find as to why it fails. I want someone to review what I did to make sure that I did all the steps correctly.
DevTest 10.3.0, but can apply to any supported version of DevTest.
Needing to update to Java 8 u171 to resolve vulnerabilities identified by our security team.
If using DevTest 32-bit, then you download a 32-bit version of Java to use with DevTest.
If using DevTest 64-bit, then you download a 64-bit version of Java to use with DevTest.
Was using a 32-bit version of Java with 64-bit version of DevTest.
Once Java 8 u171 64-bit was installed to use with DevTest 10.3.0 64-bit, issue was resolved.
Made a note to have documentation updated on the Supplying Your Own JVM section to note whether to download a 32-bit vs a 64-bit version of Java.