Due to the common nature of JRE updates supplied by Oracle, it may benefit our customers to update the JRE used by Service Desk Manager in order to protect their systems from newly discovered vulnerabilities.
The steps listed below can be used to update the JRE version used by Service Desk Manager.
1. Shut down the CA SDM Daemon or CA SDM Proctor Service, or both on the relevant CA SDM server (primary or secondary, or both).
2. Download the updated JRE, 32 bit version (x86) from Oracle's website.
3. During the installation, select the Change destination folder option and enter the destination folder as <drive>:/<install_directory>/CA/SC/JRE/<JRE Version>
4. Take a backup of NX.env, located at <drive>:/<install_directory>/CA/Service Desk/
5. Modify NX.env as follows:
6. Start CA Service Desk Manager services.