The Update Earned Value and Cost Totals job fails on an investment (Example, Application, Idea, etc) if there is no Start/Finish Dates and there is at least one team member. If you run the Update Cost Totals action from the Investment's Team tab, you receive the following error: 'Error 500 - Internal Server Error. The server could not retrieve the document due to server-configuration or other technical problems. Contact your site administrator'.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Go to Home->Ideas->New
- Enter in required information (Deleting Start Date and Finish Date if they populate by default)
- Click Save
- Go to the Team tab and add a team member
- Click the Add button
- Select the check box next to a resource and click 'Add'
- On the Team tab, run the Update Cost totals job using the following steps:
- Check the check box next to the resource added in step 2
- Select the Actions drop down from the right hand side then click 'Update Cost Totals'
Expected Result: No error is thrown, the update completes successfully.
Actual Result: Receive error: "Error 500 - Internal Server Error. The server could not retrieve the document due to server-configuration or other technical problems."
Note: This issue can also be reproduced by running the Update Earned Value Cost Totals Job instead. After step 6 above:
- In PPM go to Home->Jobs
- Select the Update Earned Value and Cost Totals job
- Under Parameters, click the binocular to browse for the Idea created in step 1
- Submit the job
- Go to the Jobs->Scheduled Jobs page and review the status of the job just submitted (Once the job completes processing)
Expected Result: Job Status is "Completed"
Actual Result: Job Status is "Failed"
This applies to PPM 14.3 and 14.4.
This is caused by CLRT-80725
This is currently under investigation as CLRT-80725
Workaround: Add a Start Date and a Finish Date to the investment, then run the Update Earned Value and Cost Totals job