When doing updates for an application in the ACT there are a couple of fields which cannot be updated dynamically by reloading the ACT. These are:
- Type (SHR, GRP, UNQ, TPX)
- Keep Virtual Terminal
- End-to-End Option
- Readbuf Technique
- Screen Even if Readbuf Technique
- Inbound Compression
- Opengate Control User
- Load Module Name
You can recognize these fields by the missing asterisk '*' in front of them. Any changes you make to these fields become effective by restarting TPX. If you do not want this to do then you can follow these steps:
1. Save the changes done in the ACT entry for the application
2. Let all users log off that application
3. Quiesce the application using TPXOPER command "Q <applid>"
4. RELOAD ACT=<act-table>
5. Activate the application again using TPXOPER-command "ACT <applid>"