Detailed Description and Symptoms
1. The Agent/Executor starts but does not connect to the CP of the AutomationEngine.
2. The following is an example of the messages that may appear in the log file near the top before this message "U2000037 Started Agent with INI file '.../uc4/bin/UCXJxxx.ini'.:
...U2003043 Invalid 'Get_HostName' call. Error code: ('18.104.22.168' - 'HOST_NOT_FOUND')
...U2003043 Invalid 'Get_HostAddr' call. Error code: (Automic.automationengine.com' - 'HOST_NOT_FOUND')
3. The last message writtne to the Agent log file is similar to this:
...U2000072 Connection to system Automic' initiated.
1. Attempt to ping the IP address of the host where AutomationEngine is installed.
2. If you are able to successfully ping the IP address of the host, next try to ping the DNS name of the host.
3. If you are not able to successfully ping the DNS name, try to use 'nslookup' to resolve the IP address to the DNS name of the AE host. If this is successful - see solution below.
**If this is unsuccessful, there is probably some other reason the Agent is not able to connect (ex.: network or firewall configuration, etc.).**
If you are not able to successfully ping the DNS name of the host where the AutomationEngine is installed; however, you are able to use 'nslookup' to resolve the IP address to the DNS name of the AE host - check the 'hosts' file of the Agent's host.
If the AE's host name is not there, add the UNIX host of the AE to the 'hosts' file of the UNIX host where the Agent is installed and then the Agent should be able to establish a connection with the AE.