"Universe data connection could not be found. Either the connection has been deleted or you do not have the rights to use it. (Error: WIS 00509)" means that the Universe does not have the connection set. Please follow the steps below:
1. Start Designer, Start -> All Programs -> BusinessObjects XI 3.1 -> BusinessObjects Enterprise -> Designer
2. Log in as Administrator
3. In Designer, File -> Import...
4. In the Import Universe Dialog, "Browse..." for and select CA Access Control_EN under CA Universes. Press OK.
5. When the CA Access Control_EN has Succesfully Imported, go to Tools -> Connections...
6. In the Connections List, select the AccessControl_SQL connection and press Finish.
7. File -> Export... make sure "Domain:" contains /CA Universes/CA Access Control/EN, press OK.
You should now be able to use Web Intelligence with the CA Access Control_EN universe.