Unicenter Output Management Web Viewer and MS SQL Server
How do I make sure my SQL Server will work with 11.5 Web Viewer?
Windows 2008/2012 R2 Server and SQL Server
Microsoft SQL Server may be installed in several ways. In most cases, the SQL install results in a state compatible with what the Unicenter Output Management Web Viewer expects. When the name of the SQL instance is not that of the SQL Server Host, the Web Viewer install may fail. If this should occur during the Web Viewer installation, the following steps should be taken:
1. Before starting the OM Web Viewer setup, start the SQL Server service for the instance to be used on the machine. The service should be set for auto-start since neither the setup nor OM Web Viewer can start it when using a non-default instance.
2. Start the OM Web Viewer setup. Proceed normally until you reach the database setup step 1 of 2.
3. Specify the database name, the SQL server user name and password.
4. Select the remote server option. This may be the only option available.
5. Specify the computer name as computer_name\instance_name where computer_name is the name of the computer with SQL Server (this maybe the local computer.) Do not specify as local. Instance_name is the name of the SQL Server instance to be used.
If the setup still fails to locate the named SQL Server, verify the computer and instance name are correct.
If the computer name is correct, it may be possible the computer name and its IP address are out of synchronization. In this case, try specifying the computer name as 255.255.255.255\instance_name replacing "255.255.255.255" with the IP address of the machine.
The 11.5 version or CA Web Viewer is a 32bit application. When running it under a 64bit operating system like Windows 2008/2012 R2 Server, it is essential you run all utilities “As Administrator” and utilize 32bit drivers.