If you are running AllFusion Repository Exchange for Endevor Change Manager, the following actions are performed to validate what Element types are to be loaded and what sequence number that type will be given.
The Element Type name is stored in columns 21-28 of the Worklist file.
The Sequence number is stored in column 2 of the worklist file.
For more information regarding the worklist file, refer to page 2-2 of the AllFusion Repository Exchange for Endevor Change Manager User Guide r7.
- Program DBXEDVS first opens the worklist file. It then builds the cursor
-EXEC SQL SELECT DISTINCT DBX_TYPE INTO :DBX_TYPE FROM DBX_EDV_TYPE_CNTL WHERE ELEMENT_TYPE = :ENDVDBX_TYPE_NAME; -
- It then goes into the following sequence
* SELECT(DBX_TYPE); WHEN('COPYBOOK') SORT_NUM = '0'; WHEN('COBOL') SORT_NUM = '1'; WHEN('PLI') SORT_NUM = '1'; WHEN('ASSEMBLY') SORT_NUM = '1'; WHEN('JCL') SORT_NUM = '3'; WHEN('PROC') SORT_NUM = '2'; OTHERWISE SORT_NUM = '0';END; IF ENDVDBX_ACTION = 'DELETE' THEN SORT_NUM = '0'; *
The following is a worklist file which contains the Types (COBOL, COPY, ASMPGM).
Note. ASSEMBLY in the SELECT statement corresponds to ASMPGM in the worklist file.
*Y DELETE COBPGM COBOL SMPLTESTTEST FINANCE ACCTPAYY ADD COBPGM COBOL SMPLTESTQA 2FINANCE ACCTPAYY DELETE COBCPY COPY SMPLTESTTEST FINANCE ACCTREC Y ADD COBCPY COPY SMPLTESTQA 2FINANCE ACCTREC Y DELETE PAGING1 COPY SMPLTESTTEST FINANCE ACCTREC Y ADD PAGING1 COPY SMPLTESTQA 2FINANCE ACCTRECY ADD DBXEDVP ASMPGM PRD PRDFIX 1EA PROCESSY ADD DBXEDV01 ASMPGM PRD PRDFIX 1EA PROCESS *
- The Endevor Types seen above are then mapped to Repository types using the
DIALOG: EDV CNTL; ENTITY: EDV TYPE. Example. *ENDEVOR TYPE INFORMATION: NAME ===> COBOL.COBOL STATUS ===> DBXT VERSION ===> 0 DETAIL ATTRIBUTES: PR/MVS TYPE ===> COBOL ENDEVOR TYPE ===> COBOL DESCRIPTION ===> ===> *
- The first step of the EDVEXEC jcl is UPDFILE which executes program DBXEDVS. Using the worklist file seen above in step 3, DBXEDVS determines the Endevor/Repository Types and then adds sequence numbers in column 2 accordingly. Example of workout file from the UPDFILE step
* Y0DELETE COBPGM COBOL SMPLTESTTEST FINANCE ACCTPAY Y1ADD COBPGM COBOL SMPLTESTQA 2FINANCE ACCTPAY Y0DELETE COBCPY COPY SMPLTESTTEST FINANCE ACCTREC Y1ADD COBCPY COPY SMPLTESTQA 2FINANCE ACCTREC Y0DELETE PAGING1 COPY SMPLTESTTEST FINANCE ACCTREC Y1ADD PAGING1 COPY SMPLTESTQA 2FINANCE ACCTREC Y1ADD DBXEDVP ASMPGM PRD PRDFIX 1EA PROCESS Y1ADD DBXEDV01 ASMPGM PRD PRDFIX 1EA PROCESS * Note the sequence numbers that have been added to column 2. *
- These sequence numbers are then used to determine what order the load jobs will run when 'Submit Jobs = Y'. From the CASE statement listed in step 2 all copybooks are loaded first, programs are second, procs are third, and JCL is last. This ensures that the proper relationships and associations are made between the metadata.