After selecting the option to uninstall an Open Workbench (OWB) or Microsoft Project (MSP) Interface program, it does not get properly uninstalled and remains in the Program list. Uninstalling previous versions is needed in order to successfully install the newer version of the program.
Programs that may face this issue include:
- Open Workbench
- CA Clarity PPM Microsoft Project Interface
- CA Clarity PPM Schedule Connect
- CAClarity Addin
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Go to Control Panel then Add or remove programs
2. Right click on the program you wish to uninstall and select Uninstall and proceed with the prompts to navigate you to uninstall program.
Expected Result: Program is successfully removed from Program List
Actual Result: Program still remains on the Program list.
Use the Microsoft Fix it tool found at: http://support.microsoft.com/mats/program_install_and_uninstall/en-us?en-us.
- From the URL provided above, click ‘Run now’
- Click ‘Run’, and then 'Run' again
- Click ‘Accept’
- On the ‘Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter’ window, select the first option: ‘Detect problems and apply the fixed for me (Recommended)’
- Select ‘Uninstalling’ on the next window
- Select the component that would not install in #1 above and click ‘Next’. If you have multiple components that wouldn’t install, you will have to run through this for each component separately
- Select ‘Yes, try uninstall’
- Click ‘Next’ once the Troubleshooting is complete message appears
- Go back to the program list and verify the component is now successfully removed (you may need to refresh this window)
- Go back to the MS Fix it Window, and select the appropriate answer to the ‘Did this fix your problem?’ window and click ‘Next’