Unable to start the Master. The startso command exists with
Error: java awapi timed out.
Is the awcomm port in use by another process?
- Stop all the Applications Manager backend processes including the awcomm process and then issue the following netstat command to see if it is being used.
netstat -an |grep <awcomm port number>
If you don't know what the awcomm port is for your Master, you can find that by going to the $AW_HOME/site subdirectory and issue:
grep AWCOMM_PORT awenv.ini
If the port is being used by another process, you will need to change the port that is not in use.
This port must match the Master's port on all Remote Agents and in the jnlp files used by the Master.
If the port is not causing an issue then check to ensure that the Master's ip address is consistent.
Is the Master's ip address the same in the following locations? If not they need to be updated so that they match.
NOTE: If you use a static ip address use that ip address in all these locations, or if you use the host name then use that but be sure it is consistant in all locations.
- $AW_HOME/site/awenv.ini file
Look for the Master_Ip_Address variable
- The data in the table for the Master's ip address. From SQL*PLus execute:
select so_ip_address from so_operators;
- The .jnlp files in the $AW_HOME/web subdirectory. If you issue a
grep codebase *.jnlp
This command will give you a list of all the files that contain the Master's ip address. It should say codebase="http://<ip address>:<port number>/<Master Name/classes/"
- The $AW_HOME/apache/conf/httpd.conf file
grep ServerName httpd.conf
After checking the above settings and making the necessary updates, restart the Applications Manager processes. Contact Automic support should you need additional assistance.