It is possible to create an Explore and Correlate Definition in the CA Identity Management User Console logged in as Imadmin, however if you search for the Explore and Correlate Definitions it is not displayed and creating a new Explore and Correlate Definition with the exact same name displays
Error: [Explore And Correlate] Unable to create Explore and Correlate - friendly name <name> is not unique.
CA Identity Manager\ CA Identity Suite 12.x\ 14.x
By default the "Imadmin" account is assigned to the role of "System Manager" but it does not have rights to manage everything on the system.
Before you can manage the "Execute and Correlate" functions you need to give the Imadmin account permissions.
1. To do this log on to the CA Identity Manager User console as Imadmin
2. From the "Tasks" Menu Navigate to "Roles and Tasks"
3. Expand "Admin Roles" and click on "Manage Admin Roles"
4. Locate the Admin Role "System Manager" and Select "Modify Admin Role" from the adjacent "Actions Menu"
5. Click on the "Members" Tab
6. Click on the Pencil icon to edit the Member Rule.
7. At the bottom of the screen there is an option to "Add new scoping rule", select "Explore and Correlate" from the drop down list. This will inset the scoping rule further up the page.
8. Locate the "Explore and Correlate" scope and specify the filter (all) from the drop down list.
9. Click "OK"
10. Click "Submit" and the confirmation should appear "Task Complete"