I'm trying to log into FSS Admin UI. Keep getting "Server Communication Error. Unable to initialize network connection."
SiteMinder Policy Server log says:
- Handshake error: unknown client name ' ' in hello message.
- Bad security handshake attempt. Handshake error: 3160.
- Handshake error: Bad hostname in hello message.
- Failed handshake with 192.168.1.10:1245.
From the above error, looks like the problem is with 4x agent you are using to connect to the policy server. As you may know the FSS Admin UI uses a "4x Agent" connection, but looks like you did not provided an agent name in the host name field or there's something wrong with the connection and therefore the communication cannot be established.
Information about how to configure this connection can be found in the following kb articles:
- Can I use the legacy Admin UI in SiteMinder R12? (TEC477986).
- How can I create a 4x agent via XPSExplorer? (TEC491908).