- The Spydus application (third party library management solution) is hosted by IIS
- There are multiple Spydus application/agent processes.
- One Spydus application can be instrumented by the .NET agent but another running under FastCGI cannot i.e. no metrics are visible for that application in the Introscope Investigator.
- .NET version 4.0 hosted on IIS 7.5
- APM .NET Agent had installed with version 10.0.0.12 with OOTB configuration
- The .NET Agent can monitor only those languages that conform to the Common Language Infrastructure (CLI), which compile entirely to the Common Intermediate Language (CIL) bytecode (formerly Microsoft Intermediate Language/MSIL) in order to run under the Common Language Runtime (CLR) e.g. C#.NET, VB.NET
- The FastCGI implementation of Spydus is written in C++ which does not compile to CIL and thus cannot be instrumented by the .NET agent.