There can be several issues with the configurations or the network that can prevent you from generating or viewing reports from WAMUI.
Please check the following:
- When attempting to generate a report, you need to choose certain items from the dropdown list such as agentname or realms but you get empty dropdown list.
This can happen if your Audit Connection information is invalid in the WAMUI. WAMUI need to contact the audit store directly to get the list.
Please compare this Audit Connection information with what you have specified in the smconsole for your audit DB Datasource Name and details.
- Able to see the dropdown list with values and can submit reports but they appear as failed when trying to view them.
This can happen if the Report Server is unable to connect to the Audit DB directly.
Common issue is that the Report Server do not have ODBC drivers to connect to the audit DB.
In case if the AuditDB is Oracle, you need to install the Oracle Net Client(32bit, check platform support matrix for the supported version) and need to edit the tnsnames.ora file to register the exact same DSN entry to match your Audit Connection registered in the WAMUI.
WAMUI will be sending the Audit Connection details to the report server and this must match the entry in the tnsnames.ora or the report generation will fail.
- Have both of the above configurations in place but WAMUI is reporting connectivity errors.
Administrative UI expects full connectivity between the Report Server.
The Administrative UI and the Report should be on the same network segment, not separated by a firewall.
Also, having software firewall on the Report Server host system is not a supported configuration.
With above mentioned, only 2 ports are required to be opened which is the CMS(6400) and TOMCAT(8080) ports.
But if that does not restore the functionality, you will need to open up additional ports for the following services.
- TomCat(static, by default 8080)
- CMS(as of CABI 3.2, there are 2 ports for this service, 6400 and one "Auto Assign" port which you would want to make static from the CMC)
- SIA(introduced as of CABI 3.2, it is by default "Auto Assign" port which you would want to make static from the CMC)
- InputFileRepository(It is by default "Auto Assign" port which you would want to make static from the CMC)
- OutputFileRepository(It is by default "Auto Assign" port which you would want to make static from the CMC)
CMC: BusinessObjects Enterprise Central Management Console
You must have the port 8080 and 6400 open at this moment to successfully logon to the CMC.
From the dropdown list (upper left section of screen), select "Servers" from the dropdown list.
You will see a list of services (spanning to multiple pages) where you will find the above services to change the "Auto Assign" to static ports.