User with required rights is unable to create projects from template when changing the manager field prior to clicking save.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Navigate to Projects or My Projects portlets in Clarity.
- Click New from Template button.
- Click the radio button next to the template to copy from.
- Click Next.
- Enter information in Required fields.
- Change Manager to someone different then the current value.
- Click Save.
User has following rights:
- Project - Create
- Projects - Navigate
- Resource - Soft Book - All
- Resource - View to self + at least one additional resource
Expected Results: Project is created successfully.
Actual Results: Receive Error: "Error 401 - Unauthorized. You are not authorized to view the page. If you are sure you have access, try logging in again or contact your system administrator." Project is not created.
Error seen in app-ca.log:
PRJ-10016: You do not have rights to modify tasks or staff which are enabled for management.
- Do not change manager field until after project is created.
- Grant user Project - Edit Management access right at global level.
This issue is reported as CLRT-73660. It has been concluded that due to the scope of impact no change is planned at this time for this area of the product.
For more details please review the Customer Reported Defect Resolution Policy for Clarity