From the portal log, we can see the errors:
10 Jul 2013 10:18:42,365 ERROR [NmsAuth:352] Login failed for firstname.lastname@example.org: javax.security.auth.login.FailedLoginException: (12) login failed, Received status (12) on response (in sendRcvLogin) for cmd = 'login'
10 Jul 2013 10:19:10,706 ERROR [NmsAuth:352] Login failed for email@example.com: javax.security.auth.login.FailedLoginException: No origin.
* This message indicates that there is no Origin associated with the Account. Every account must have at least one origin associated with it.
This association is done during creation of the account. If you do not select an origin you will get the error Login Failed.
- the account that these users had origins selected under ownership in IM. -> Security-> Account Administration, double click the account.
- double confirm if we have changed "C:\Program Files\Nimsoft\probes\service\wasp\webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF\classes\portal-ext.properties"
- deactive/active probes: dashboard_engine, wasp, dap
- Then Clean the browser cache and log in to UMP with the user.
Few other things to check:
1) check and make sure the ACL for the user having a problem is not attached to an account that is no longer there.
2) check and make sure the ACL for the user having a problem is not tied to an LDAP group that is no longer there.