If the UMP portal Home Page was changed/modified somehow and it no longer includes the SignIn window/portlet, it can confuse users and give users the impression that the UMP portal page is not even being loaded. If so, you can restore your UMP portal Home Page to include the SignIn window/portlet once again.
To restore the users (guest) Home Page to its original state which includes the SignIn window:
1. Login with your current credentials. You see the 'Home' Tab but no SignIn window/portlet.
2. Manually add /guest/home to the portal URL. For example it will display as:
3. On the right/left side of the page select the drop down-arrow and Click "Add Application/Portlet" - which shows depends on your version of UMP.
4. Expand "Collaboration/Tools" and then add the SignIn application (portlet).
5. On the right-side of the page again, click SignOut to sign out of the portal and you may close your browser.
6. Hit the portal Home Page again, e.g., http://<company>.nimsoft.com, to confirm that the Home Page has been restored and now includes the SignIn window.
7. Login with your credentials.
1. Click the SignIn link on the right side of the page.
2. Then Login with your current credentials not the administrator (since if you are logged in as the administrator, the Add button is not present).
3. Manually add /web/guest to the portal URL, e.g.
4. You can then click the ?X? at the top menu bar of the Maintenance Mode window to remove the Maintenance Mode portlet.
5. Then on the left side of the Home page Click Add and Add the SignIn portlet/application from the 'Tools' section to the Home Page.
6. Close the browser, open a new browser and then hit the portal Home Page again, e.g., http://<company>.nimsoft.com, to confirm that the Home Page has been restored and now includes the SignIn window and no Maintenance mode portlet.
7. Login with your credentials to confirm it works as you expect now.
keywords: UMP URL redirects webapps /web/guest listing not locaing as expected restore home page