UIM Server install on Linux RH 7.5 install failing with the following message when executed from the root user account:
# ./setupCAUIMServer_linux.bin -i console
Preparing to install...
Extracting the JRE from the installer archive...
Unpacking the JRE...
Extracting the installation resources from the installer archive...
Configuring the installer for this system's environment...
./setupCAUIMServer_linux.bin: line 3419: /tmp/install.dir.4014/Linux/resource/jre/bin/java: Permission denied
./setupCAUIMServer_linux.bin: line 3419: exec: /tmp/install.dir.4014/Linux/resource/jre/bin/java: cannot execute: Permission denied
UIM Server 8.51
OS: Linux RH 7.5 64-bit
Potential causes of getting "permission denied" from the UIM installer on Linux/Unix systems:
1. The /tmp directory in mounted with the "noexec" option set
2. SELinux is enabled and preventing the execution of the java JRE
3. The root user's umask setting is something other than 0022
Depending on the root cause of the "permission denied" error, engage the Linux/Unix administrator to:
1. Remove the "noexec" option from the /tmp directory mount
2. Disable SELinux
3. Change the root user's umask setting to 0022 to assure that correct permissions are applied to files/directories created by the root user during the UIM Server installation.