Each client's backup needs will be different as their installation will be different. Support can not provide detailed backup for any client.
If you need help creating a backup and restore strategy we will need to engage our services department.
That being said below are some general guide lines on this.
The details of this will greatly very depending on your business rules and tolerance for risk.
Main components to backup:
1) Primary UIM server. IE the entire nimsoft directory.
2) the UIM database.
3) The ump Server. IE the entire nimsoft directory.
4) the CABI server. IE the entire nimsoft directory.
5) Tunnel connector hubs,IE the entire nimsoft directory.
6) if you are not using templates or supper packages then each robot entire nimsoft directory.
Many clients these days are using Virtual machines and so are relaying on VM snapshots to deal with backup and restore issue.
This would need be discussed with your internal admin teams.
How often you do backs, how long they are retained and how often you test them will be a internal business decision based on
your companies risk tolerance for loss of data or being down.
Clients will need to work with their DBA for the best strategy on backing up the database
they should review the database best practice guide here:
Clients should also work with the system / VM admins on the proper backup strategies for the operating systems hosting the UIM infrastructure.