When a user is logged into InfoView and attempts to double click any Spectrum Report Manager (SRM) report to get to the parameters page the following error is generated:
HTTP status 404 - /CustomParams/CustomParams.do
Looking at the most recent tomcat log stdout.log on Windows under Program Files\CA\SC\CommonReporting3\Tomcat7\logs, the following exception will be seen:
Error configuring application listener of class com.ca.biek.customparams.shared.ActionXMLManager java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
The problem is the following directory where the ActionCMLManager.class file should reside does not exist:
To resolve this problem, you can undeploy the existing CustomParameters application by following these steps:
- Stop the Tomcat server (via the Central Configuration Manager window)
- Open a command prompt and navigate to the <BO InstallationFolder>\deployment directory and execute the wdeploy command as follows:
wdeploy tomcat7 -DAPP=CustomParams undeploy
- Successful undeployment message should be displayed
- Then rename the existing CustomParameters.war under
\Program Files\CA\SC\CommonReporting3\BusinessObjects Enterprise 12.0\java\applications
- An updated CustomParams.war file should be downloaded and placed it in this same directory. Obtain that file here:
- Then deploy CustomParameters again by executing:
wdeploy tomcat7 -DAPP=CustomParams deploy
- Now the com directory and sub directories should be present and all the class files as well.
- Next modify the web.xml file under <BO Installation Folder>\Tomcat7\webapps\CustomParams\WEB-INF\ and modify the xmlFilePath variable to point to the location of your BOXI install if needed.
- Then restart the BOXI tomcat service and you will now be able to generate reports.