When SpectroSERVER receives an alarm from a SNMP trap, SpectroServer normally creates an alarm under the agent IP address in a SNMP trap.
How can SpectroSERVER create an alarm under the source IP address from a SNMP trap?
Spectrum 9.X; Spectrum 10.X.
- Go to OneClick console à Universe à “Topology” Tab, click on “Create a new model by type and adds it to this view” button.
- Select “EventAdmin” from the Container list and click on “OK”.
- Fill out the relevant information as the screen capture below and click on “OK”. Please make sure the Network address here is the source IP address in the SNMP traps.
- Go to the Attribute tab, please set the value of "map_traps_to_this_model_using_IP_header" to "Yes". By default, it is set to "No".
- When SpectroSERVER receives the SNMP traps, the alarms will be created under the source IP address.