If the following type of error is seen:
- [error] [client 188.8.131.52] File does not exist: /opt/mywebserver/data/server-status
it can indicate that the page has not been enabled in the httpd.conf file.
To resolve this, ensure that the following entry exists and is not commented out:
- LoadModule status_module modules/mod_status.so
If the following type of error is reported:
- [error] [client 184.108.40.206] client denied by server configuration: /data/mywebserver/data/server-status
it can indicate that the httpd.conf file has not been configured to grant permission to access this page from the address of the webserver agent.
To resolve the problem, the page must be included in the Allow from list as shown:
Deny from all
Allow from .mydomain.com
Allow from 220.127.116.11
To get more information about the nature of the problem enable DEBUG logging in the webserver agent by setting:
in the file WebServerAgent.profile
- [ERROR] [WebServerMonitor] Could not get performance metrics from server : https://18.104.22.168:443/server-status?auto
- [DEBUG] [WebServerMonitor] 403 is the Status for : https://22.214.171.124:443/server-status?auto
This example of DEBUG logging reveals an underlying HTTP 403 error (permission denied) which matches the second scenario. An underlying HTTP 404 error (not found) would point to the first scenario.