After a restart the sqlserver probe, as part of the Unified Infrastructure Management (UIM) system, will incorrectly generate alarms stating that the SQL server database is not functioning. Below are some troubleshooting steps that may help you resolve this issue.
Tested on UIM version 7.6 and sqlserver version 5.10
NOTE: Before Making any changes, it is advised to have a back up of the .cfg file for the probe.
1. In Infrastructure Manager (IM) navigate the robot where the sqlserver probe is deployed.
2. Open the sqlserver probe by double clicking on it.
3. Select the "Templates" tab
4. Double click on the "check_dbalive" checkpoint name.
5. Set the "Samples" field to 1
6. Double click on the "default" threshold object in the "Threshold / Schedules" box.
7. Set the "Threshold Value" to 1.
8. Click "OK" on the Edit Threshold window.
9. Click "OK" on the Edit Template Checkpoint window.
10. Click "Yes" on the warning box that pops up.
11. Click "apply"
12. Click "Yes" when it asks if you want to restart the probe.
For additional troubleshooting steps see tec000005171.