If Service Desk Manager is configured for SSL you may run into a situation where the Service Desk Manager Connector fails to connect successfully. You may see errors logged similar to:
|14:48:56.022 ERROR GRLoader 297 nested exception is:|
|sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path validation failed:|
|java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: timestamp check failed|
|14:48:56.022 INFO GRLoaderInitializer 40 GRLoader initialization|
|returned value :1|
|14:48:56.131 INFO TCP_port 1581 TCP_port wait interrupted|
|14:48:56.240 FATAL ConnectorHelper 180 Unable to connect to Service|
|Initialization Failed. Please check the GRLoader parameters and try Again.|
To resolve the SSLHandshakeException error the SSL certificate from Service Desk Manager must be imported into the cacerts associated with the Service Desk Manager Connector.
- Open a web browser, and access the webservice url (for example https://SERVERNAME:8443/axis/services/USD_R11_WebService)
- From the browser, export the https certificate and save it to the local machine (for example, save as: C:\sdm.crt)
- Copy the sdm.crt file to the server and with a command prompt (running as Administrator) navigate to the Service Desk Manager Connector install folder, this will typically be
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CA\Catalyst\CatalystConnector”
If the Connector was installed using the 32-bit Java enter the JRE directory
If the Connector was installed using the 64-bit Java enter the JRE-64 directory
Note: If the 32-bit Java was selected during the install process only the “JRE” folder will be present
4. Run the following command:
keytool -import -keystore cacerts -file c:\sdm.crt
Note: The above command should import the c:\sdm.crt certificate to the JRE_HOME\lib\security\cacerts keystore. JRE_HOME refers to the 32-bit or 64-bit JRE as mentioned above.
For detailed usage of keytool you may refer http://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/security/toolfilex/rstep1.html
5. When prompted for a password, use the default which is "changeit".
6. Restart the Service Desk Manager Connector services.