The Business Intelligence(BI) WEBI Reports on Requests coming with the default CA ServiceDesk Universe, may contain 'Requestor' and 'Affected End User' attributes.
These two attributes have always the same value corresponding to the 'Affected End User' value, this is not the correct value for the 'Requestor' attribute.
Note: You may follow the informational solution below to work around the problem; alternatively, please contact CA Support.
In the Request Detail in the Service Desk GUI, you can find the Affected End User' and 'Requester' attributes.
In BI WEBI reports, they should respectively match the attributes 'Affected End User' and 'Requestor'.
To review the alias mappings for these attributes follow these steps:
- Login to Service Desk interface and go to Administration Tab --> Service Desk --> Application Data -> Codes --> Attribute Aliases
- Click on Show Filter
- Type: cr in the object name section
- Type: requestor% in the Alias Name section
- Click Search
- The Attribute Alias List with 8 entries will be displayed; see the picture below:
- If the mapping shows:
Object Name Alias Name Alias Valuecr requestor_xxx customer.xxx
then the mapping is between 'Requestor' and 'Affected End User' (obj: customer).
To set the correct mapping do:
- On SDM Primary, take a backup first by opening a command prompt and type: pdm_extract attr_alias > ca_attr_alias.txt
- Go to step 6. and right click and edit on each entry; change the Alias Value from 'customer.xxx' to 'requested_by.xxx' as below:
Object Name Alias Name Alias Value cr requestor_combo_name requested_by.combo_name
- The next time the report will run, the extracted values will correctly match.