After an upgrade from RA Informatica v2.0.0j or above to RA Informatica v3.0.0, the agent fails to start.
There were file transfer options added in special patch v2.0.0j and above, which have been removed in version 3.0.0 to improve performance. If a special patch was applied, the options would have been displayed on the Agent's Informatica tab as shown in the image below. The Informatica FTP Connection object has also been removed due to this change.
If the FTP option was selected, you will see the following error in RA_TRACE:
U0052002 Object 'CONN.INFO_FTP' with type 'CONN' does not exist in client '00000'.
U2000041 Shutdown Agent 'RA_INFO_VWADEV11.
U2000002 UC4 Agent 'RA_INFO_VWADEV0211' version '9.00A225-451' ended abnormally.
To resolve this issue, you simply need to delete and recreate the Informatica RA Agent.
- Log into Client 0
- Go to the HOST folder and edit the Informatica RA Agent.
- Select the Authorizations tab and make note of the Clients the Agent is available in.
- Select the Informatica tab and make note of the pmrep/pmcmd directory as shown in the image below.
- Close the Agent window.
- Right click on the Agent and select Delete.
- Create a New Informatica Agent with the Same name as the Agent you deleted.
- Enter the directory saved in Step 4 on the Informatica tab.
- Start your Agent.
Please contact Automic Product Support if you have any questions regarding this article.