i. To enable Automatic Partition Management on the CA- Alter Index screen:
- set the PARTITIONED field to YES
- enter command AUTOPARTS ON
- enter command AUTOPARTS SAVE if you want to save this as your default setting
The Partition List should now reflect the actual number of partitions in the tablespace.
ii. Now for the partition fields to be populated we need Object Definition Defaults defined for this user.
- enter command DEF or DEFaults
The Object Definition Defaults for this User will be displayed.
- enter a default value for Stogroup either at the Global level or Index level.
- enter S for Action to save this default definition
For the new Object Definition Defaults to take affect, PF3 out and back into RC/Update.
Now with AUTOPARTS enabled and default values defined, when you alter PARTITIONED to YES for an index, you should now have a Partition List reflecting the number of partitions in the Tablespace and also any object default values defined for this User will be populated in the Partition List fields.