Changes between CA Process Automation (PAM) 4.1 and 4.2 will cause errors on any CA Service Desk Manager (SDM) Soap call in PAM workflow that uses "M_PATH__".
You will receive the following error within CA PAM:
SOAP invocation failed: Bad URL: no protocol: "http://" + Datasets[M_PATH__].server + ":" + Datasets[M_PATH__].port + "/axis/services/USD_R11_WebService"
To solve this for the supplied CA SDM, follow these steps:
- Login to CA PAM
- Go to Library->/SDM->Custom Operators
- Open any Soap method which uses M_PATH
- Go to Custom panels tab, Update the Service URL as below
- Replace the "M_PATH__" to "Operator.M_PATH__" in the custom operator definition
- Ensure that the same has been changed in the Dynamic parameters Panel as well
With this change, functionality will then work correctly.
Note: This is fixed in IT PAM 4.2 SP01 which is coming in April 2014, after which the manual change will not be necessary.