The notification email sent by Service Desk Manager contains - and - around the subject text. This document explains what may cause this.
When the Mailbox Rule that is in effect specifies "Prepend" or "Append" for the value of the "Add Subject Line" field, the notification email that is generated contains - and - around the subject text.
This is working as designed.
Here is a simple example:
- Navigate to the Administration tab and create a new Mailbox Rule. Ensure that Sequence Code that is specified is assigned a number lower than that of any Mailbox Rules for the specified Mailbox. It is generally recommended that you set the associated Mailbox to Inactive before you configure a Mailbox Rule and activate it later after you have added the rule. In the screenshot below, the "Add Subject Line" field is set to "Prepend".
- Send an email to ServiceDesk to open a Request ticket.
- From Service Desk, view the ticket that was created. Notice that the ticket that has been created contains the extra - and - characters.
- In this example, the following out-of-the-box Notification Rule with the specified out-of-the-box Message Template is in effect, and the Assignee has "Email" as the Method of notification.
- Change the Status of the Request is to "Closed". The assignee of the request receives an email which shows the same - and - characters that are in the Request.