When starting the EEM services, the following services fail to start:
- CA Directory - iTechPoz-(host name).
- CA Directory - iTechPoz-(host name)-Router.
The following error message is written to the Windows Application Event log:
"DSA_E1170 Unable to open pid file: 'Access is denied. (0x5)'"
Example of the full Application Event Log entry:
Event ID: 0
The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source (DXserver_iTechPoz-HOSTNAME-Router) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the
/AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: DSA_E1170 Unable to open pid file: 'Access is denied. (0x5)'.
The reason for the error message is that the DSA (Directory System Agent) could not create a file in the %DXHOME%\pid folder when the service is started.
To resolve the problem, ensure that the user defined as the logon account of the above CA Directory services has write access to the %DXHOME%\pid folder. To do this:
- Go to the Windows services dialog, right click on the service name and select Properties.
- Click on the 'Log On' tab.
- Verify the user specified in the 'This account' field has write access to the %DXHOME%\pid folder.
- Restart the Services.