The emailsgtw probe is no longer sending emails and there are errors in the emailgtw probe log such as:
Feb 24 10:15:23:601 emailgtw: ?Certificate failure for xx.xxx.xx.xx: Server name does not match certificate: C=US, S=CA, L=Campbell, O="Nimsoft, Inc.", OU=Information Technology, CN=*.nimsoft.com
Feb 24 10:15:23:601 emailgtw: ?Unable to negotiate TLS with this server: xx.xxx.xx.xx
Feb 24 10:15:23:619 emailgtw: ?Certificate failure for yy.yyy.yy.yy: Server name does not match certificate: C=US, S=CA, L=Campbell, O="Nimsoft, Inc.", OU=Information Technology, CN=*.nimsoft.com
Feb 24 10:15:23:619 emailgtw: ?Unable to negotiate TLS with this server: yy.yyy.yy.yy
Feb 24 10:15:23:619 emailgtw: (send_it) Could not open connection to any server
The errors could be due to changes to the mail server regardinging TLS/the SSL certificate for RDP was updated.
- Double-click to open the emailgtw probe configuration GUI.
- Click on the Properties icon in the upper left-hand corner of the window.
- Select the SMTP Tab.
- Select 'Ignore TLS'
- Press the Test button to test the connection and it should succeed (turn green).
- Click Ok, then No when prompted to restart the probe.
- Right-click on the probe and select Deactivate, wait until it turns grey or press F5 to refresh until it does.
- Then right-click to Activate the probe.
If you would like to proactively confirm that emails are being sent again, create a nas probe AO profile to send EMAIL to your own email address for some common alarms that you currently see in the alarm sub-console, e.g., for cdm and choose on 'overdue age' of 5 mins. Activate the nas AO profile and restart the nas. After you've received the email(s), make sure you deactivate the profile.