The Department OBS is not copied over from the Idea to Project through a Process if the Location attribute of the Project object has a Default value. Converting an Idea to a Project using the out of the box conversion, by clicking on the 'Convert' button works as expected.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create an entity and a few departments and locations.
2. Link one or more of the locations to all departments.
3. Studio, Objects, Project Financial Properties, Location: enter a default location, use a location that is linked to all departments.
4. Create an idea, populate the Department field with a department created at step 1.
5. Convert this idea to a project, verify that the project shows the same department as expected
6. Create a process to convert ideas to projects, as example setup is as follow:
- Add Primary Object > add ThisIdea
- Start Options: Auto Start, Start Event: Update, Do not Start a new Process if one is already running CHECKED.
- Start Condition: ( ( Idea Status = 'Approved' ) and ( Idea Status [Previous Value] = 'Submitted for Approval' ) )
- Create a Step, called Conversion Step with only one System Action
Action: Convert Idea to Project
- Change 'Then go to' - > Finish
- Go back to Start Step tab, Change 'Then go to' -> Conversion Step
- Validate and Activate
7. Create a new idea with the same department from step 4 populated, approve the idea. The process would then kick off and create a project.
8. Locate the newly created project (look for the same name as the idea it was converted from)
Expected Result: The department field is populated
Actual Result: The department field is blank
Applies to all supported PAS environments for specified releases.
Caused by CLRT-78749 which is closed as a duplicate to CLRT-78281
Resolved in CA PPM 14.3
Workaround: Do not define a 'Default' value for the Location attribute of the Project Object.
Reference TEC1201757 for more details on CLRT-78281
Reference CA PPM 14.3 Release Notes and Resolved Defects documentation.