he auto mapping for configurations is incorrect or the server configuration is not fully defined in the server configuration spreadsheet.
Using the CSV file to override the configurations for the server. (See sample file attached). Using the CSV file data adapter will allow you to update many servers at once instead of updating each one through the server configuration spreadsheet from CCC.
Steps to match the server to the correct CML entry:
- Necessary fields:
- Server Name
- Time Stamp – Format: 2015-09-01 00:00:00
- Total Memory - (KB)
2. Optional but important fields:
- cml_name – The exact name of the computer model that is present in the CCC computer model library (ie HP ProLiant DL380p Gen8 2000MHz Xeon E5-2620)
- Number of CPU Cores – The total number of cores on the system.
- Number of CPUs – The total number of threads on the system.
- num processor chip – The total number of physical chips in the system.
- cores per processor chip – The number of cores per physical chip.
- threads per processor core – The number of threads per core.
3. To confirm the fields are correct:
- Number of CPU cores = (num processor chip) * (cores per processor chip)
- Number of CPUs = (num processor chip) * (cores per processor chip) * (threads per processor core)
4. Save the file as a .csv
- Note – If using Excel to edit the file, open the saved CSV file with a text editor (Notepad ++) to confirm the time stamp format is correct.
5. Stage and migrate the file into Data Manager with the CSV data adapter
6.After staging and migrating the CSV, stage and migrate the DM Groups data adapter.
7.Check CCC to run the Server and Group Configurations update.