While trying to perform optimization on my Agile Designer flows using the Path Explorer, I am not seeing the correct results.
Steps to reproduce:
- Launch Agile Designer (AgD) by double clicking the icon on your desktop or by going to your Agile Designer directory.
- The default file path for the directory is C:\Program Files\Grid-Tools\AgileDesigner
- It is also recommended that you right click on the icon or executable and ‘Run as administrator’ when starting the program.
- Load an existing flow or VTF file. For example:
- Click on File at the top of the toolbar.
- Choose 'Open from File' from the drop down list.
- Choose 'iPhone.VTF' from the examples folder located at C:\Program Files\Grid-Tools\AgileDesigner\Examples
- Click on Tools at the top of the toolbar.
- Choose 'Path Explorer' from the drop down list.
- Click on the 'Loop Settings' button.
- In the 'Path Optimizer Loop Options' window that appears, put the number 1 in the text box.
- Apply the loops by clicking the 'Accept' button.
- In the 'Optimization Type' drop down list, select the 'Full Coverage- All In/Out Edges' option.
- Click on the 'Store Path' button and click 'OK' after reviewing it.
- Click the 'Paths-Add to existing' radio button.
- Click on the 'Coverage' button with a green $ sign on it at the bottom of the screen to view the results.
Expected result: The add to existing paths option should provide a 'close to minimal' number of paths, which would increase the coverage to 100%.
Actual result: There is no change between the two. You also might see that two test cases are created instead of nothing being generated.
More documentation on how optimizing test cases works can be found here-https://docops.ca.com/ca-test-case-optimizer/1-9/en/optimizing-test-cases
Test Case Optimizer (TCO) release version 1.9.2
Your Agile Designer (AgD) version might have been installed with Test Data Manager (TDM) release version 3.2.2.
This is a defect which has been fixed by development. You will not experience this problem in TCO 1.9.3.
1. Upgrade to TCO release version 1.9.3 or above.
2. There is a patch available if you are unable to upgrade.
- Please open a support case and reference this knowledge base article number in order to receive the patch.
- The patch will include a folder with many files.
- This folder will need to be downloaded and extracted over the current files in C:\Program Files\Grid-Tools\AgileDesigner
If you would like to receive a patch for this issue or you experience further issues after upgrading to TCO 1.9.3, please open a support case.